Hire / Services
Need a scale for a temporary use? We can supply most models at great rates for
- Short or long term periods
- Any type of function, including counting, platform and crane scales
We sell scales for all applications – from industrial and laboratory to retail. We can advise your business on options and are not restricted to any particular brand.
We help our clients identify exactly what they need and propose several scales over a range of budgets.
Please contact us for quotations, spare parts, user manuals, valuations or to discuss weighbridges.
Brands We Carry
|Devon||Seca||And most others|
Secondhand Sales and Hire
We carry and service various second hand equipment to suit various applications, including
- Electronic – all types as available
- Mechanical – Avery, Toledo, Salter, Devon, Seca
We service all scales including obsolete models. We have an extensive range of mechanical scale spare parts and years of hands on technical experience. Call us to see if we can help with your equipment.
We can calibrate your existing equipment. All our recalibrations are completed with certified weights traceable to NZ Government weights held by the DSIR.
- MAPSS certification (NZ Weights & Measures standard)
Advasco Quality Control Certification
- Verification that a scale is weighing correctly to either the manufacturer’s or a stated tolerance. This calibration test is applicable to all scales. Tests can be carried out regularly on any time basis required, although most clients prefer annual, six-monthly or quarterly tests. All scales sold by Advasco, including both new and second-hand scales, come with Advasco Quality Control calibration accreditation certification.
- NZ Government Weights and Measures MAPPS (formerly TMU) calibration accreditation test. This is required by law when product is bought or sold by weight. The MAPSS test has specific requirements including traceable paperwork and is valid for one year from the date of issue. Due to the time required and certified personnel involved, the scale would normally need to be left overnight. Further information for both consumers and retailers regarding weights & measures is available on the Ministry of Consumer Affairs’ website, using the search term ‘measurement’.
- We are always happy to accept trade-ins. We have a competitive pricing policy eliminates the hassles of Trade-Me or similar, and gives you immediate cash value.
- Trade in and all second hand scales are fully checked and serviced to ensure that they weigh to their design accuracy and come with a 90 day warranty.
- We have a large range of used scales. As stock changes please contact us with any requests or special needs.